St. George's Market is right down the street from my flat. Saturday morning Doug and I met for breakfast before we headed up the North Coast. The market reminded me of Seattle: live music, cheese, pastries, coffee, and art. I loved the colorful spices one vendor was selling.
On our way up north we stopped at the Ballygally Castle! It is rumored there is a friendly ghost living there. We visited her room (I made her bed for her) and explored the old castle (not visible in this picture, this is the hotel and restaurant).
Doug standing on the coast
He did a great job driving a stick-shift on the wrong side of the car and road!
A beautiful harbor we stumbled upon.
I loved the textures and colors found on the old boats.
A hilarious sign we passed and had to pull over for Doug to pose with!
We stopped at the Carrick-a-riede Bridge to cross and
venture to a little island with beautiful views!
The bridge from afar! My legs were a little shaky, I have to admit!
Next stop: Giant's Causeway. Basically a big pile of rocks that used to be in a tall chimney form that are now somewhat sawed off into a shorter/hike-able size. There's a great view from the location and it was a fun hike.
No comments:
Post a Comment