Tuesday, July 12, 2011

things

I came across this picture today and liked the message. This year I have learned so much about being thankful for the intangible. I live such a blessed life, rich with wonderful and uplifting relationships, eye-opening experiences, meaningful conversations, and the ability to feel, to love, and to be vulnerable. Even throughout this summer, I was nervous that I would be lonely without being home with family, at school with a large group of friends, or living in a room full of 'stuff.' Honestly, being on my own, developing new relationships, digging deeper into a few established friendships, and embracing new cities, I have never felt more alive and without a need for things. I now feel more freedom to stray from my calculated plan, not feeling a weight holding me down where I am. I cannot wait to see what my future holds in the form of experiences, relationships, and emotions....not things.

No comments:

Post a Comment