Tuesday, August 9, 2011

best friend

I read once, "Friends are like the bacon bits in the salad bowl of life." Well, I'm not a huge fan of bacon bits so this didn't resonate with me very much. I then thought of a salad with feta and craisins....and it finally made sense. So let me rephrase that quote with my edits,

"Friends are like the feta and craisins in the salad bowl of life." Yum. I get it now.

I am privileged to have a combo salad. Not only are my feta and craisins my friends, they are my best friends. And not only am I lucky enough to have more than one best friend, I am proud to call my mother one of those best friends.

My mom has taught me what it means to be strong and supportive. I have learned what true selflessness and sacrifice means by observing and experiencing my mom's love and actions. She is who I call (probably too often) when I need to talk, she is who I lean on when I need support, and she is who puts me in my place when I am over-reacting...which never happens. :)

Mom, without you I don't know where I would be. I hope I can be the mother and wife you are and have been one day when it's my turn! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment