These past three weeks have been a total whirlwind, between celebrating my 21st birthday, studying for finals, moving out of my apartment, going to Vegas, and then driving to Colorado! Summer 2011, which I have been eagerly anticipating, has finally arrived.
Molly and I made the 11 hour drive from Vegas to Littleton on Saturday, arriving late that night. We woke up the next morning to celebrate Mother's Day with the Ramirez clan at church and lunch. It was fun to get to meet the family of one of my best friends. I felt like I already knew most of them from stories I have heard. I spent the afternoon hanging out with Molly and her two sisters, Beth and Ali. There was much needed relaxation time after a long two weeks!
Monday, I had the opportunity to try one of Mr. Ramirez' famous smothered burritos (delicious!), explore adorable downtown Littleton with Molly (found some great places to come back and try), and visit Molly's high school, Columbine High. She is quite the athletic legend still to this day!
That afternoon I drove over to Castle Rock (about 30 mins from Molly's) to move into the Deardorf's beautiful home. I got settled and felt right at home, Doug and Rachel are incredibly welcoming. I got acquainted with Castle Rock a bit and enjoyed dinner with the new fam! :) Doug is dad's friend from college crew days and every minute I spent with him I saw similarities between him and my dad. I have a feeling I might walk away from this summer with a second father!
Tuesday I spent the afternoon with Doug running errands (got my own house key! It's official!) and then met Molly at her house. From there we drove to the Coor's Stadium for my first Rockies game! It is a beautiful stadium and we had great seats, it was a blast!
I took off for home Wednesday afternoon. (Fun fact: That morning I woke up to SNOW! It had been in the 80s just a day before!) I am excited to spend 3 weeks at home with the family, relaxing, helping around the house, and working on summer school. After a busy semester a few weeks of vacation is just what I need before I start a busy summer internship!
Stay tuned for more adventures when I return to Denver for 11 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment